Lawn Hill

More
30 May 2017 19:08 #1 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack created the topic: Lawn Hill
Was planning to take kids down to Snow for mid year holidays. Due to personal reason this probably wont happen. So looking for some options closer to home Not to taxing etc.

So thinking maybe doing loop down to Lawn Hill.

Whos done it? i am guessing June/July will be packed.So might try and find a camp along the Gregory somewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2017 05:48 - 31 May 2017 05:59 #2 by dandjcr
dandjcr replied the topic: Lawn Hill
OBJ, Lawn Hill (Boodjamulla) is good but you need to book up for the NP campsite, otherwise your options are nearby Adels Grove (which we found grotty and expensive in 2010) or the side of the road somewhere.

Kingfisher Camp on the Nicholson River is also good for a few days, with a station track available down to Lawn Hill.

Check track conditions, Elizabeth Creek can be a challenge to cross.

Check our blog of this area , (scroll about 2/3 down)

David

boodjamulla-map.pdf

David and Janet Ribbans - Oka 148
Oka148 profile here.
Visit our technical and travel blogs: here.
Last Edit: 31 May 2017 05:59 by dandjcr.

More
03 Jun 2017 07:44 #3 by Outback Jack
Outback Jack replied the topic: Lawn Hill
Thanks David,

Probably come from the West via Kingfisher. That way I can check if the river crossings etc are safe to do. Other wise I can go via Highway 1.

More
04 Jun 2017 19:46 #4 by Nobby
Nobby replied the topic: Lawn Hill
Hi OBJ,
I came across through lawn hill on one of my trips to the NT from Qld, before we moved back here.. Is an awesome place.. Cut across from Julia creek, through Gregory, and then after L.H, came on through KFC [Kingfisher Camp], Bowthorne Station, Hells Gate , Wollogorang, The Loo [Borroloola].. Was a great trip, with our 4 kids, in our HR wagon, swags, tuckerbox, extra spare and extra fuel [needed] on a full roof rack. We spent several days there.. might not be packed, as it is a bit off the beaten track.. They did sell fuel at Adels Grove, for a dollar a litre, Super Petrol or Diesel.. We didn't buy any.. thought it too expensive!! My sister and husband went there later in their Land Cruiser, and the alloy rims started to all crack, deflating the tyres, and they were stuck at L.H. for awhile.. Those roads and alloy rims don't mix well..
Cheers,
Nobby.

More
16 Jun 2018 17:55 #5 by OBOAT1
OBOAT1 replied the topic: Lawn Hill
The camp under the bridge at the Gregory was full but fantastic in 2007. Apparently the water comes through the underground aquafier from Papua New Guinea caught red claw there could see them on the bottom. Water was so pure could refill tanks.