357 - VIC
413 - VIC
046 - VIC
173 - VIC
351 - NSW
149 - VIC
307 - VIC ( left early )
264 - VIC ( left early )
Total of Okas 39 that is official a world record of a gathering of Australian built 4 wd vehicles in one area
Fun was had by all and a big thank you to Eric and Kerry , Jas & Jorden
And all that attended
Let’s do something like that again somewhere in Australia next year

Oka 045 the WIDE Motorhome 6bt cummins 500 watt solar diesel heating gas cooking up grade LSD front and rear diffs to 4:56 from 4:88 . 320 lt fuel 153 lt fresh water in 3 separate tanks 3 house batteries 1 start battery 176 lt upright fridge/freezer Black dog security
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Whitworth, 210greg, Landseer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2021 05:53 #2 by Peter_n_Margaret
Peter_n_Margaret replied the topic: Wompinni Station 2021
Thanks for the work that made it happen Harry.
Was a great event.
Cheers,
Peter & Margaret.

Cheers, Peter.
OKA196 tinyurl.com/OKA196xtMotorhome
Mob.0428171214

More
23 Mar 2021 20:02 - 24 Mar 2021 05:16 #3 by Rick Whitworth
Rick Whitworth replied the topic: Wompinni Station 2021

OKABloke wrote: Wompinni Station National OKA Gathering To Become a Bi-Annual Event

Next Event Will be Held From Thursday 9th March 2023 to Monday 13th March 2023
Monday the 13th will be a Public Holiday in both Victoria (Labour Day) and South Australia (Adelaide Cup)

I know others like me felt that Eric, Kerry, Jas & Jorden's incredible effort, great hospitality and the awesome location prompted ideas of securing a home for a regular annual gathering. That would suit SA, VIC and NSW owners.

It is s along haul from QLD and WA

My vote for a NATIONAL gathering would be the Centre as originally suggested by Deanno. here

...seems to me any announcement deserves support from all OKA owners.
Last Edit: 24 Mar 2021 05:16 by Rick Whitworth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Scherek, Chris126, 210greg

More
24 Mar 2021 12:25 #4 by Harry
Harry replied the topic: Wompinni Station 2021
E0EC75FF-64DB-4E05-AEB5-D10EC3B9B18F.jpeg[/attachment Just incase you guys from WA want to try and beat our the record set in the east I have the 40 th Oka well the start of one anyway Thank you all that attended the Gathering stay safe and we hope you all got home safe as there are a few that have traveled a long way cheers and hope to catch up again in 2 years at Wompinni station Also I am open to suggestions for next year’s Gathering if anyone has one ( water and toilets) are what usually I look for when choosing a location[attachment=5624]E0EC75FF-64DB-4E05-AEB5-D10EC3B9B18F.jpeg[/attachment
Just incase you guys from WA want to try and beat our the record set in the east I have the 40 th Oka well the start of one anyway
Thank you all that attended the Gathering stay safe and we hope you all got home safe as there are a few that have traveled a long way cheers and hope to catch up again in 2 years at Wompinni station
Also I am open to suggestions for next year’s Gathering if anyone has one ( water and toilets) are what usually I look for when choosing a location

Oka 045 the WIDE Motorhome 6bt cummins 500 watt solar diesel heating gas cooking up grade LSD front and rear diffs to 4:56 from 4:88 . 320 lt fuel 153 lt fresh water in 3 separate tanks 3 house batteries 1 start battery 176 lt upright fridge/freezer Black dog security
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Landseer

• Peter and Sandra OKA 374
  • Away
More
24 Mar 2021 14:16 #5 by Peter and Sandra OKA 374
Peter and Sandra OKA 374 replied the topic: Wompinni Station 2021
Yes was a great get together and great to catch up with other Oka owners and meet plenty of new ones.
It's a fair hike to Wompinni for the Queenslanders as we did just under 1400km each way from the Lower Hunter Valley.

OKA 374 LT Van, converted to camper/motorhome,
400ah Lithiums, 1100w solar, diesel cooking heating and HWS,
Cummins 6BT, Allison 6 speed auto, Nissan transfer.

More
25 Mar 2021 12:17 - 25 Mar 2021 15:43 #6 by Paul Scherek
Paul Scherek replied the topic: Wompinni Station 2021
I think it is a pity that the master of an exclusive forum (closed to those who don't do facebook) should make the decision for people on this inclusive site.
Annual or bi- annual should be put to a vote.
Last Edit: 25 Mar 2021 15:43 by Paul Scherek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mort, Rick Whitworth, Chris126

More
26 Mar 2021 10:14 #7 by Rick Whitworth
The Wompinni OKAs

The smickest, straightest OKAs I have ever seen in one place. They just get better and better!
Can you put a number and a name to each one?

Wompinni Homestead .... true historic Aussie jewel nestled in the Murray Darling Basin..

Thanks to Peter Davis for asking the question this year and to Paul Scherek for coming up with the perfect answer.

Special thanks to Harry for doing all the footwork and most of all to our great hosts Eric, Kerry, Jas & Jorden.
Wompinni could not be in better hands.

Good to catch up with old friends and meet new ones. .....all tarred with the same OKA brush!

Can't wait for the next one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter and Sandra OKA 374, Dean and Kaye Howells, Paul Scherek, Chris126, 210greg, Landseer, Dkamm, Pat

More
27 Mar 2021 08:43 #8 by Peter_n_Margaret
Peter_n_Margaret replied the topic: Wompinni Station 2021

Paul Scherek wrote: I think it is a pity that the master of an exclusive forum (closed to those who don't do facebook) should make the decision for people on this inclusive site.
Annual or bi- annual should be put to a vote.

People will vote with their feet wheels.
We don't do facebook, and I do think it a shame that we have multiple sites, but the info does seem filter through from one to another.
These meets are not compulsory or exclusive, so I guess if someone wants another at some other time or location, they could organise it and again, people will vote with their wheels.
We are certainly not adverse to going to multiple events in any one year, it just depends on how they fit with our other travel plans.
Cheers,
Peter

Cheers, Peter.
OKA196 tinyurl.com/OKA196xtMotorhome
Mob.0428171214
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Whitworth, T-Rex 146, Dkamm

More
27 Mar 2021 14:30 #9 by Dean and Kaye Howells
Dean and Kaye Howells replied the topic: Wompinni Station 2021

Rick Whitworth wrote:

OKABloke wrote: Wompinni Station National OKA Gathering To Become a Bi-Annual Event

Next Event Will be Held From Thursday 9th March 2023 to Monday 13th March 2023
Monday the 13th will be a Public Holiday in both Victoria (Labour Day) and South Australia (Adelaide Cup)

I know others like me felt that Eric, Kerry, Jas & Jorden's incredible effort, great hospitality and the awesome location prompted ideas of securing a home for a regular annual gathering. That would suit SA, VIC and NSW owners.

It is s along haul from QLD and WA

My vote for a NATIONAL gathering would be the Centre as originally suggested by Deanno. here

...seems to me any announcement deserves support from all OKA owners.

My understanding here was that the existing annual East Coast Oka Gathering (for want of a better term) was proposed to be held in two years time at Wompinni Station with a view to making this a permanent biennial set up. As the Labour Day public holiday for SA and Vic is the same this was proposed as a suitable date. I assumed from this that the other (non Wompinni) East Coat Oka Gathering would be held elsewhere ie. further North to give the 'Northerners' a fair go travel wise and also allow for a greater variety of venues.

I assume David has inadvertently used the term National here when what he really meant was East Coast (including SA) biennial, not bi-annual Gathering :)

Perhaps this misunderstanding can be put down to the excitement of finally having an East Coast Oka Gathering that actually catered distance wise to our previously overlooked South Australian Oka owners :)

Deano :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Whitworth, Dkamm

More
28 Mar 2021 06:56 #10 by Rick Whitworth
Hey! didn't mean to cause misunderstanding
Wompinnin is a great place so suited to our well knitted friendly OKA fraternity.
Let's do it again
Whenever
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Scherek, Harry

More
28 Mar 2021 07:40 #11 by Harry
Thank you Rick and no you are not misunderstood at all stay well and stay safe

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dean and Kaye Howells, Paul Scherek

More
31 Mar 2021 08:06 #12 by Harry
I forgot Oka
431 from Vic in the count it was the one with the crane on the back

More
31 Mar 2021 16:09 - 31 Mar 2021 16:14 #13 by nugget
nugget replied the topic: Wompinni Station 2021
QLD is east Coast too :woohoo: 4,000km round trip for us but happy to do it. Was unfortunate the floods restricted the return options but we did sneak in a countery at the Nindigully pub on our last night.

Last Edit: 31 Mar 2021 16:14 by nugget.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Whitworth

More
31 Mar 2021 16:24 #14 by Harry
You did not attempt to eat the big hamburger at Nindigully pub :) glad you made it home and had a great time on the long road guys

The following user(s) said Thank You: nugget

More
31 Mar 2021 17:19 #15 by Peter and Carla #396
Peter and Carla #396 replied the topic: Wompinni Station 2021
For those who didn't come to Wompinni maybe these photos may inspire you to come to the next gathering.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dean and Kaye Howells, Rick Whitworth, fran philipson, nugget, Dkamm

More
01 Apr 2021 04:28 #16 by 210greg
210greg replied the topic: Wompinni Station 2021
Mort can u add 431 in Vic to the list for Harry he cant seem to edit thanks mate

More
04 Apr 2021 10:10 #17 by Lang
Lang replied the topic: Wompinni Station 2021
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Whitworth, Holmz

More
04 Apr 2021 10:12 #18 by Paul Scherek
Ouch! Where was that?

More
04 Apr 2021 10:19 #19 by Lang
Lang replied the topic: Wompinni Station 2021
Long way to Queensland but we broke the trip in Sundown National Park near Tenterfield. We had to bounce through 3 rough creek crossings beside washed away bridges on New England back roads.

Photo yesterday getting some exercise after the OKA just went straight down in the soaked park. Front wheel photo was after winching and no wheel spinning. It refused to rise up and just went deeper as it moved forward. Back wheel you can see no tracks rear or front of wheel - just went straight down, once again with no wheelspin. 3 hours to get out!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nugget

More
04 Apr 2021 10:21 #20 by Paul Scherek
I think you were lucky - or very skilled - to get out in three hours - or at all! That looks very nasty.