× Welcome to the OKA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Is OKA Motors still in production?

More
20 Feb 2013 10:21 #1 by TJClassics
TJClassics created the topic: Is OKA Motors still in production?
Greetings to all from a Finn living in California.

Sorry to have joined under false cloak, but very interested to learn more about the OKA.

My real interest is that we are working on a project for Tanzania, East Africa and we need both 4x4 2 or even 5 ton trucks and 4x4 20 seater rural buses.

My 1st question is, is the factory still in production?

Appreciate it if someone can give some directions how to contact them. From here trying to reach them, web sites are down, and even some emails I found on the newsletters are not working (rejected by gmail...)

Best to you all down under.

TJ

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

phone 970 214 5587
The following user(s) said Thank You: rohbertk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2013 15:32 #2 by Joseph Baz
Joseph Baz replied the topic: Is OKA Motors still in production?
TJ,OKA packed everything last year and left,aparently the owner had intentions of starting up in Malaysia,wether they have or not it's not clear,if you are looking for used OKA's you should contact Goldfields OKA,Robin Wade is a gentleman and he has commissioned OKA's to Papua New Guinea and have a very wide Knowledge of the vehicles and the previous life of most OKA's,if you are looking for a new OKA there is none available,personally I wouldn't recomend a NT until the diffs issues are sorted.
Cheers,Joe

More
20 Feb 2013 23:54 #3 by OKA in Africa
OKA in Africa replied the topic: Is OKA Motors still in production?
Hello TJ,

I do have an OKA in southern Africa and will be coming up to Zambia soon. I did hear that there is an OKA located in Zambia which might be for sale.

Thank you and best regards

OKA #327 in Africa
www.oka4wd.com/forum/members-vehicles-pu...47-oka-327-in-africa

More
21 Feb 2013 01:25 #4 by TJClassics
TJClassics replied the topic: Is OKA Motors still in production?
Many thanks for the responses.

I feared something had taken place, as back in April 2012 I still found the web sites, but not now.

A pity, as I concluded from what I could find and learn that OKA was exceptional and what
to me seems is the ultimate (UNIMOG) is really very expensive and more even than we might
need in Tanzania.

Since we are going to need over 8 years 100 4x4 buses and 3-5 ton 4x4 trucks - buying second hand
is not meaningful. And a complex mix of vehicles would confuse our mechanics. So we want to simplify the range of
parts etc needed.

We are here in California enjoying the "Australia inspired" Camaro, so you guys do know how to build them!

I guess one is left in hope that someone will revive the concept and package.

PS I have tried to look into the Hindustani build one but it has a poorish reputation and it looks like corners were cut.

More
21 Feb 2013 05:42 #5 by Paul Scherek
Paul Scherek replied the topic: Is OKA Motors still in production?
What a great pity. If you had the need a year ago, it could well have saved the Oka company. An order for 100 buses would have caused so much rejoicing..........

They would have done your job perfectly - we are enthusiasts not because they are Australian made or anything like that, but simply because they are the best off road truck/bus available.

Good luck in your search - we would all be interested to know what you end up choosing.

Regards,
Paul

More
21 Feb 2013 10:31 - 21 Feb 2013 10:36 #6 by OKABloke
OKABloke replied the topic: Is OKA Motors still in production?
Our Government is having a fire sale on Ex Defence Vehicles, 1000 Plus Unimog's Up for grabs
www.defence.gov.au/dda/vehicles/index.htm

For Sale:
XT and LT Parts and Service Manuals Available on CD or Download. $150.00 Set

OKA 4x4 Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/groups/1597409843913222/

David
Last Edit: 21 Feb 2013 10:36 by OKABloke.

More
21 Feb 2013 10:47 #7 by TJClassics
TJClassics replied the topic: Is OKA Motors still in production?
Thanks for that suggestion, ex military that is. Will look into that some more.

More
12 Sep 2015 08:08 #8 by PNG
PNG replied the topic: Is OKA Motors still in production?
To all
Has anyone got photo's of 6BT Cummins conversion I have just started the project & any photo's would be a great help you can email them directly to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.